The lovely Claire Ellison, star behind Palm Trees and Taxis, nominated me for the 2015 Liebster Award and since it’s only the first month of Oh Shift, Y’all I could not be more thrilled! For those of you who don’t know, the Liebster Award is an award given to baby bloggers by other bloggers. I’ve been dying to find the time to sit down and answer these great questions from Claire, and finally got a break in my schedule. Here it goes:
What inspired you to start a blog?
The first blog I ever started was called Bum Notes. It was a collection of my musings as a high school senior/about-to-be college student. I can’t really remember why I started it but I have always had a passion for writing. Between Bum Notes and Oh Shift, Y’all, I’ve had some blogging blunders. There was that time I tried to start a blog about Bucket Lists, Anxiety Couture (don’t ask), and The Anxiety Girl Online. The Anxiety Girl Online was my first step towards becoming a serious blogger. I had just graduated college and started my first “big girl” job and felt like I had something to share with the world.
How did you name your blog?
Basically, it just came to me one day after deciding to overhaul The Anxiety Girl Online. I cuss like a sailor, I really like shift dresses, and I say y’all a lot. Click here for a more in depth post on my blog name!
What is your go to clothing staple right now?
Y’all, if you haven’t bought at least one shift dress you need to rethink your life. They are just so easy and versatile, that’s why I love them. I honestly have about ten different ones right now.
How would you describe your style?
I believe my style is a mix between New England prep and southern prep. I like my navy and camel and basics and then I like my Lilly Pulitzer. What’s not to love? My style tends to fluctuate with the seasons, especially now that I live in New York.
Do you have any advice for beginner bloggers?
Stick with it. It’s that simple. You’re not going to get thousands of page views right off the bat (unless you’ve got some sort of super powers). It takes a lot of hard work and patience and even after all that hard work, you may change directions a year later (like me). As long as you love what you’re doing, the readers will come. Make it fun and make friends!
What’s your dream job?
Ever since I was little all I have ever wanted to do is write. My dream job would definitely be a novelist. Something that I hope to make happen in the next couple of years.
Where is your all-time favorite place to travel?
This is such a difficult question to answer. Off the top of my head the two places I love most are Washington, D.C. and San Diego. I’ve only been to San Diego once but it’s been one of my favorite places so far.
What song are you listening to on repeat right now?
Castle by Halsey. This is a windows down, turn it up jam, y’all.
What is one outfit or piece of clothing you own that embarrasses you?
Oh my god, this is a tough one. Probably my t-shirt collection. I still have t-shirts from junior high.
What store do you go to without fail every time you go shopping?
Victoria’s Secret. A new bra can seriously change your life.
What is one trend you wish would stop immediately?
Honestly, flare pants. I hate them. I mean, they look great on some people but not on me and I’m a little bitter. I like 70s fashion as much as the next girl (bell sleeves, anyone) but no, just no.
Martha at She Said
Rachel at As Double Jointed Girl and Her Dog
Lily at Life According to Lily
Aliya at The Cat and the Girl
Daira at Daydreamer
Ettie at Ettie Stevenson
Amy at Ameldi
Kerri at Standing in the Wind
Sarah at Sarah’s Budget Beauty
Maria at Tasty Southern Chic
Becky at Life By Becky
What to Do
- Create a blog post on your site, answering the questions I will provide below.
- In your post, be sure to link back to the blog that nominated you (me!) with a thank you and a shoutout.
- After completing the questions, add a section for your nominees.
- Select, list, and link to 11 other bloggers with under 200 followers. Provide them with these instructions and give them an additional 11 questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and provide a link to your post so they know what to do.
- When you’re all finished, come back here and comment with the link to your post so I can read your answers!
- Why did you start your blog?
- What is your favorite blog post that you’ve published so far?
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- What’s one social media trend that you absolutely just don’t understand?
- What is your favorite quote and why?
- Where do you see yourself in the next year?
- What is your weirdest quirk?
- What is the last book you read?
- What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Can’t wait to see y’alls answers! Have fun!